Who are we?
Bentham is ideally situated at the meeting point of three great walking areas:
- The Yorkshire Dales
- The Forest of Bowland
- The Lake District
It’s not surprising then that the town hosts a keen walking group that meets regularly to explore these three key areas, along with Morecambe Bay and The Howgills via guided walks. Visitors to the area are always welcome to join us on any of these walks – no booking is needed, and no cost is involved – just show up at the starting point listed.
Walks vary in length and the degree of challenge, and details of the walks can be found on the program page.
Some small print . . .
- You are responsible for your own safety.
- It is your job to make sure you have suitable clothing / footwear and that you are fit to walk.
- If you choose to walk with us, be aware that in the event of bad weather we usually carry on.
- Carrying a packed lunch and flask with a hot drink is recommended – Check the program – some short walks have no lunch break.
- We try very hard to ensure that all information provided on this site is accurate and current, but we cannot guarantee this.
- So, if you use one of the published walks from our website, it is your responsibility to ensure that you walk the route safely and that you are suitably equipped.
- All the walks shown have been checked and mapped using GPX – but things can change – please be careful, and make sure you have informed someone where you are intending to go with an expected return time.
Where do you meet?
Unless stated otherwise in the program, we always assemble at the Lairgill car park in Bentham. We meet at 9:15 for a 9:30 departure – on foot for local walks or in cars for walks elsewhere.
When the walks are non-local we car-share to keep things as green as possible.
We think it’s just polite for walkers accepting lifts to offer their host a contribution to fuel costs – typically £2 per hours travel.
If you prefer you can join us at the published walk start. Contact the walk leader first though so that they can give you a clear indication of where we will be starting.